Posted last January 20, 2015 in my old blog
Last year, my friend diagnosed me with Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder to laugh off my irrational display of mood swings when that time of the month comes. But lately, I really have been showing signs of this “disease.”
- Sadness or hopelessness
“I am forever alone!!!”
- Anxiety or tension
“Got over-taxed and now I have no money to live for the next two months! HELP!!!”
- Extreme moodiness
“You can go without me. I’ll stay at home, sleep ’til the world ends and noone will care that I haven’t been out during the holidays…yadayadayada”
- Marked irritability or anger
“What??! No!!! Why would I? WHY DID YOU??!”
Imagine the horror of my friends having to deal with my EXTREME mood swings. One actually said that he can feel my negative vibes from the 23rd floor down to the 17th. No kidding!
But through God who has been my main battling armor in all this unexplained fits of loneliness, I finally woke up this morning filled with so much gratitude. I listed a few:
- After Ate Jica left, I never felt totally alone, what with my overloaded schedule for church activities, bonding with workmates and a few visits back home.
- Best thing was I found a new buddy at work! Introducing a new character in my blog, VAL NA WALANG MALAY
- Also, found a Kuya I might start calling MANONG whom I regularly hitch rides with. Talk about friends with benefits!
- Kuya Billy still cooks food for me and NOW, I live with the Kambals so new Kuya’s for me!!! yay!
- And FINALLY – Finally! Red Ranger and I have found a common ground in fixing emergency meet ups: the ever trusted COFFEE SHOPS at Ayala!
See, God never let me be alone even though I am single. I have a bunch of friends who truly care for me. And at 20-something-ish, I’m glad that I have this period in my life to build long lasting relationships that will never break up with me just because of measly things like a text or being late on a date.
God is truly awesome!